Together, Arweave and the Decentralised Public Library are on a mission to permanently preserve history, and Arweave need your help. Arweave goal is to archive vital historical and cultural information on a blockchain – far beyond the reach of censorship, deletion, or alteration. Today, too often online information is accidentally lost, secretly erased, or intentionally altered, eroding the ability of citizens to hold those in power accountable, and hindering our ability to understand what is happening in the world around us.
Arweave and the Decentralised Public Library are on a mission to permanently preserve history
- Reward: $5,000 USD (in ETH) every two weeks, plus $2,000 USD (in ETH) in special prizes
- The new archiving period (round begins at 12.01pm CEST today)
- The special topics will be: Brexit, the Hong Kong protests, and the current conflict in northern Syria.
- This is a three-week archiving period instead of the usual two weeks, ending at 11.59am CEST on the 6th of November 2019. The payout date for round 8 will therefore be the 13th of November 2019. Because this is a three-week archiving period, for round 8 only, the rewards pool will be worth $7,500 USD, instead of the usual $5,000 USD.
- Archivers can choose to be paid in either ETH or AR, the Arweave network’s native token. Those choosing AR will get a 10% bonus to the USD value of their payout!
- The payout date for round 7 will be 23rd of October 2019. The USD<>ETH peg will be set on the 5th of November at 11.59pm.